Monday, July 03, 2006

Nerdsy Nerds

The scene has 3 charaters who are or were nerds in some point in their life. Their spectacles explain this

Nerd N1 : Fraud Mallu Number* 1.Still continuing to be one .Never stayed in Malluland for more than 3months. A consistent nerd who gave away her nerdship around 6 years ago. She’s dressed in a sleeveless kurta and coloured her hair brown. She has decided to meet Nerd N2 *who was her classmate for 8 yrs and established their nerdship together* after 7 years.N1 is now a PR and event manger and does RJing for a hobby. She has pierced her eyebrows and her navel. The only thing N2 knows about her is that she shaved her head once, which N2 dismisses as some kinda depression.

*Not familiar with this jargon ..Go to terms and Analogies

Nerd N2: Fraud Mallu Number 2 .Her fraudness is shedding away slowly ever since she moved to TVM,capital of Godz Own Kuntry. A nerd with a lot of perseverance. She has evolved from a full time nerd to a part time one ..but mind you, she still has a nerd score of 76.N2 has been absorbed by the IT industry. She has grabbed a significant job and a 12 hr worker. She eats, sleeps and drinks work.N1 remembers her as highly competent individual who cracks math like a spark and marks her still as a nerd.

Nerd N3: A nerd who is budding to give away his nerdship.N3 has come to meet his virtual friend N1.

N1,N2 and N3 sound like some kind of mathematical induction theorm. I ll rechristen them as Priya(mole..) ,Chinnu(kutty..) and Rahul.

N1 and N2 decide to meet at Barista in St.Mark’s Road. Oops Priya and Chinnu
In pink, what they think
In grey, what they speak

Chinnu (on her W-600&*Thanks to her IT job ) :How will I recognize you
( I hope she has some hair on her head)
Priya : Oh Cmon Chinnu,I still look the same .. Just walk into Barista .You ll see me sitting in the corner

Chinnu walks inside, fishes for Priya, finds her in the corner. Elated to see each other, they hug. Priya introduces Rahul to Chinnu of course focusing of how nerdish they were and what has become of them

Priya :
Chinnu, you still look the same, haven’t grown a bit vertically or horizontally.
Chinnu smiles.Well haven’t I changed?
Chinnu : Okai dear I knew you were asking for this .
You look different .Let me rephrase this, you look great. And whats that on your eyebrow.. Priya brushes her hair on the eyebrow.Gosh you pierced your eyebrow ..
Priya :
I wanted to try out something different I have even got a navel ring
Chinnu :
Gr8,she shaved her head, pierced her navel .Well guess it reflects her identity. May be its her job
Priya :
So you are working ?
Chinnu :
Mainly with databases …… goes on
Priya : *(*(&%^$%$^*&……… well the usual IT stuff I guess

Suddenly the silent spectator Rahul gets interested with Chinnu’s talk and breaks the ice

Rahul :
So how long do you work in a day ?
Chinnu :Around 12 hrs
Rahul ;What … you are literally living there.
Priya ;
God , I don’t understand why you need so much time,Chinnu .Rahul,Chinnu is really quick and in school if I got one mark more than her in Math ,she used to be in tantrums…coz she was so quick
Chinnu I wish I still was as quick..
Not exactly Rahul..I was just better of the lot in school.I didn’t go to any IITs though
Priya : So aren’t you studying further
Chinnu : Got a call from IITs for Masters but not my choice
Rahul:
Well don’t go there … I come from IIT x
Chinnu:
Oh so we have a bigger nerd here
Rahul :Not exactly … I gave up studying after I entered college

Chinnu orders a capuchino.Rahul continues about life in IIT

Priya :
So is it just like that book…what ?
Chinnu : Five Point Someone
Rahul:
Not exactly , but some of them sound familiar.Its many stories together I guess..
Priya : Chinnu,what do you do on weekends?
Chinnu : If my boss doesn’t ask me to work..I
hang around with my friendz but Bangalore’s a boring place ..Just malls and IT people.I don’t see any school children or pensioners..Just overaged teenagers with tags around their neck…
Rahul:
Well I am doing my internship here,its got lotta oppurtunities.Its true though I have never seen school children
Priya what an analysis Chinnu
Chinnu:True, but somehow I need a break
Priya: Should I ask her..The answer would be no Well do you go pubbing or clubbing
Chinnu:
Clubbing ,I do .Pubbing .Nop
Priya:As expected..No smoking ,drinking
Chinnu :No way yaar
Priya: Me too ..Pubbing is okai.You don’t have to drink to enjoy
Rahul :
But I think people who smoke look kewl
Chinnu:The kid..well they have a dominant body language
Priya:Ajay Devgan holding the cigarette butt
Chinnu :
Ramdoss is scared of you people yaar..Ramdoss the Minister
Rahul :
People will continue..they have to make up their mind on their own

Priya :
If you think Bangalore ‘s boring then how abt Trivandrum
Chinnu :
Initially I believed it’s a small town of people with agoraphobic ideas.I chose the place I had to live with it.
Priya
Ok chinnu bring on the rationliaztion
Chinnu :
I went to a college again in TVM,but that’s where I found the heart and soul of my place. Met a couple of people with genuine ideas .Ordinary people who aspired for the best in life. More importantly people who felt nothing could stop them.
Priya :
I hve heard of ur college,
Rahul Which is this place..okai gotta check it out in Google
Chinnu :
Lots of people think different there…and I met really good people and great friends.Now I don’t dread it anymore…
Priya: That’s good..Never expected Chinnu of all people to do that..justify a boring sleepy town with no discos.Any of ur classmates studying
Chinnu: Many are…and many would join…I guess I ll pop it out..was it a depression or not that made u shave ur head,priya..oh chinnu,be more empathetic..
Priya why did u shave ur head
Rahul: That’s freaks me out too
Priya:Well I just felt like
Chinnu:Not good enough
Priya;I did it for charity..I donated my hair to make wigs for people with cancer
Chinnu…Oh my God..Is it the Priya I knew in school
Priya:It was hard..But ours would grow back ..I wanted to do something good and different
Chinnu I sware I never thought you were under depression or something
Priya:Cmon which 22yr old would do that
Chinnu What a rhetoric You are right . Noone would
Priya
When did chinnu start admitting she is not the only one doing great things..well people change..i m seeing it
Barista guy tells then that people are waiting for the table..In other words “Plz don’t waste our customers..Its high time u guys left”

Rahul :
Okai lets make a move
Priya : Oh..well we need to find another place
Chinnu notices the crutches near Priya for the first time..no words spoken..looks at Priya
Priya:
Well that’s a long story …I had a hip surgery .Its been over a year. I have to go with this ..Crutches.. for some more time
Chinnu : Oh ..well what happened
Priya:Cut it out..I can walk now ..No probs..Lets make a move

They start walking out .Discusses about their old classmates. Ones who have children,ones who have carreers..ones who have broken lovers..ones who went into depression…Reverted back to the nerds….

Priya:I don’t remember them Hell I do … I cant bliev I was a nerd
Chinnu:
Of course you do…Cmon you were a nerd although it was once upon a time
Priya:
Okai I was .
Chinnu:
Rahul,Priya never left a single book in school.We processed her into a great nerd
Priya:Somehow I lost it when u guys left .
Chinnu:I think you found yourself.You never lost anything
Priya: Chinnu,do you remember that prognostication you made that I would be in a crazy career
Chinnu : I guess it was to finish off some one mark you got more than me…Anyway since I said its goodNot exactly.. All those child egos
Chinnu : Well we are all born different …Even if we force ourself we ll revert back to ourself
Priya:
By the way don’t you blog..Rahul is an ace blogger ..Thats how we met
Rahul:I reached 1000 visitors in a month. No lying ..Actually it was 997,I refreshed it thrice
Chinnu:I blog when I m depressed
Rahul :Okai I might loose it when I start working though
Priya :
Well I don’t get depressed or worried anymore especially after this ..crutches.. I stopped thinking about my friendz careers or how much money they make..I just wanna live meeting a lot of people and touching a lot of lives…I guess that should answer why you shouldn’t blog if you aren’t depressed
Priya:
Where the hell did I come from..Were we really from the same school ..what a magnanimous thought…Good thought though
Rahul:So girlz any other plans..Where did u say you both where from?
Then they went explaining about Malluland.2 hrs passed .They discussed RJing,databases,Bangalore ,Jazz,spagettis and what not

Chinnu : Gosh gotta start moving ..I have to buy something
Priya::Like what
Chinnu…should I lie..no way.. A table
Priya: I m not surprised..she’s damn academically inclined..i bet she’s gonna force herself some European history on that table..Okai then go ahead…..
Rahul:
Okai we better split..I have some googling to do
Chinnu:Kid/Nerd/He has to survive IIT..Bye then
Priya hugs both of them…Good you took time out, Chinnu
Chinnu: You had the noble thought to call
Rahul :
This is life..too good aint it?

They separate …Rahul just met two strangers ..but he had a great experience. Chinnu understood how she has evolved in life. Priya ultimately found life…


Terms and analogies

Fraud Mallu : People hailing from Malluland who needs to sharpen their Malayalam skills. Due to their aweful knowledge of their mother tongue, they become an item of fun for many in Malluland. According to some critics, they are people who use their Mallu stature for securing admissions in professional colleges or to find their spouse.

W-600 : Sony Ericsson

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting Read......
you made it up or are you a part of it...
which one of them are you
n1, n2 or n3?

well anyways my name is sandeep george... (orkut)

www.cr3ati.org

8:02 AM PDT  
Blogger Liz said...

Hey! I liked your definition of the fraud mallu!
Good blog, keep going!
jenny

1:06 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home